HamSHITalls: Himmat Hai Toh Dekho!
Title word HUMSHAKAL itself is a plural. Then why add "s" at its end? Probably because all asses throng the movie! In this movie all r shitting and hamming! Sajid Khan made for a good TV show host. He then jumped into film making but has not done much except making flops. He has a fetish for letter H. Barring Darna Zaroori Hai(2006), consider Heyy Babyy(2007), Housefull(2010), Housefull 2: The Dirty Dozen(2012), Himmatwala(2013) and now Hamshakals. Humshakals is a three-triple-roles comedy featuring Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh and Ram Kapoor. To begin with, there is no story. Consider Saif and Ritesh applying butter on Ram’s face and saying, "We are buttering you!" or "Hum pagal nahin hain!" or slapping each other and saying, "Yeh toh slapstick comedy hai!"
As Saif, Riteish and Ram meet their humshakals, not one but two each, there is confusion galore. Glamour(or lack of it) is provided by three bikini-clad lead actresses - Bipasha, Esha and Tamanna. Humshakals is inspired by cult film Angoor(1982). Angoor was based on Shakespeare’s play The Comedy of Errors(c. 1594). Indian cinema has made five films based on the play, Bhrantibilas(1963, Bengali, Uttam Kumar), Do Dooni Char(1968, Hindi, Kishore Kumar), Angoor, (1982, Hindi, Sanjeev Kumar), Ulta Palta(1997, Kannada, Ramesh Aravind) and Aamait Asal Eemait Kusal(2012, Tulu, Naveen D Padil). Best watch Angoor again. But if you still would like to watch Humshakals, take sardard tablet with you and return echoing, "bekaar, bekaar, bekaar." Blame it on the power of three!
What is the use of investing time, money and energy along with talent when the end result is a tri-cycle sorry tri-shakals. It is three to the power of infinity Bore Bore Bore. Sajid Khan did well as a host. As a director, he is competing with Dada Kondke(with due respects to the long departed). Sis Farah piggy-rode on SRK and Akshay Kumar and could transform from choreographer to a credible director. Sajid has no such luck. Let him live in his dream world with this HIMMATWALA Part 2. Even God will not save this trash. Instead get a DVD of ANGOOR(1982) and taste the thunder that was Sanjiv Kumar. But if u still wish to go ahead watching this whatever: take headache tablets along and demand ticket refund, pop, corn, hourly wage and transportation fare along with other misc fares. Good Luck!
BTW: The movie is proving to be a big hit in China! Can u guess why?
My Witty Quotes:
1. Earlier, Sajid Khan was talented. Today, he is ail-ented. Earnestly pray for him. May his soul find its mooring post JacFer and Tamanna.
2. HIMMATWALA To HAMSHAKALS: Yeh Dosti Hum Nahin Chodenge! Rating: Awarded Sun, Moon & Stars.
3. HUMSHAKALS is simply a scary movie. It scares u from never daring to watch future movies. It is actually HAMshakals. The actors ham. The viewer begs for ham(the food).
4. Badi himmat chahiye in sab shakals ko dekhne ke liye. Sajid toh bechara, dekhne ke baad pagal ho gaya!
5. Sajid Khan is undergoing mid-life crises. And he cannot deal with it single-handedly. Meri Shaadi Karaado!
6. Ekta Kapoor popularised letter K. Sajid Khan does it with letter H.
7. Nobody is calling it hero Saif’s movie but baying for the blood of’director’ Sajid Khan! Wonder why!
8. If u wish to escape depression, EXIT before it is too late! Bips escaped and she is SANE!
BTW: This is not a review but an expression of pain. PHEW!
IT is campelely stupid,idiot and good for nothing movie